KABUL - At least four people were killed when a suicide car bomber attacked a convoy of foreign soldiers in the Afghan capital, Kabul, on Saturday, officials said, with an unspecified number of NATO-led troops among other casualties.
"Three civilians and a police officer were killed in (the) Kabul attack today," an interior ministry spokesman said on his Twitter account, without giving further details.
The attack on the International Security Assistance Force (ISAF) convoy took place in the Darulaman area in the west of the city, near the national museum. The former royal palace, now in ruins, is also in the area, along with several government departments.
"Several ISAF members are recorded as casualties and there are also several local Afghan casualties," a spokesman for the NATO-led force said, without specifying whether the victims had been killed or wounded.