Australia charges two men in Sydney with terrorism offenses

By REUTERS
August 3, 2017 13:15
Breaking news

Breaking news. (photo credit: JPOST STAFF)

 
X

Dear Reader,
As you can imagine, more people are reading The Jerusalem Post than ever before. Nevertheless, traditional business models are no longer sustainable and high-quality publications, like ours, are being forced to look for new ways to keep going. Unlike many other news organizations, we have not put up a paywall. We want to keep our journalism open and accessible and be able to keep providing you with news and analyses from the frontlines of Israel, the Middle East and the Jewish World.

As one of our loyal readers, we ask you to be our partner.

For $5 a month you will receive access to the following:

  • A user uxperience almost completely free of ads
  • Access to our Premium Section and our monthly magazine to learn Hebrew, Ivrit
  • Content from the award-winning Jerusalem Repor
  • A brand new ePaper featuring the daily newspaper as it appears in print in Israel

Help us grow and continue telling Israel’s story to the world.

Thank you,

Ronit Hasin-Hochman, CEO, Jerusalem Post Group
Yaakov Katz, Editor-in-Chief

UPGRADE YOUR JPOST EXPERIENCE FOR 5$ PER MONTH Show me later Don't show it again

MELBOURNE - Authorities have charged two men in Sydney with terrorism offenses, the Australian Federal Police said on Thursday.

Each has been charged with two counts of acts in preparation for, or planning, a terrorist act, the AFP said in a statement.

Australia ramped up security procedures after four men were arrested late last month in raids conducted across several Sydney suburbs.

Both men are scheduled to appear at a court in the Sydney suburb of Parramatta on Friday morning, the AFP said.

Related Content

Breaking news
July 16, 2018
After Helsinki, U.S. intel chief defends findings on Russian meddling

By REUTERS