Baby nearly chokes to death on string tied to pacifier

By MELANIE LIDMAN, JUDY SIEGEL-ISKOVICH
October 4, 2012 14:03

 
X

Dear Reader,
As you can imagine, more people are reading The Jerusalem Post than ever before. Nevertheless, traditional business models are no longer sustainable and high-quality publications, like ours, are being forced to look for new ways to keep going. Unlike many other news organizations, we have not put up a paywall. We want to keep our journalism open and accessible and be able to keep providing you with news and analyses from the frontlines of Israel, the Middle East and the Jewish World.

As one of our loyal readers, we ask you to be our partner.

For $5 a month you will receive access to the following:

  • A user experience almost completely free of ads
  • Access to our Premium Section
  • Content from the award-winning Jerusalem Report and our monthly magazine to learn Hebrew - Ivrit
  • A brand new ePaper featuring the daily newspaper as it appears in print in Israel

Help us grow and continue telling Israel’s story to the world.

Thank you,

Ronit Hasin-Hochman, CEO, Jerusalem Post Group
Yaakov Katz, Editor-in-Chief

UPGRADE YOUR JPOST EXPERIENCE FOR 5$ PER MONTH Show me later

A one-year-old baby in the east Jerusalem neighborhood of Zur Baher nearly choked to death on Thursday morning after the string connected to her pacifier wrapped around her neck.

Magen David Adom paramedics evacuated the baby to Shaare Tzedek Medical Center in critical condition with the possibility of serious brain damage.

Beterem, the National Center for Child Safety and Health, recommends that pacifiers and other equipment should never be put on the edge of a string or ribbon in the vicinity of young children, because they can cause choking. In addition, strings and other such objects should not hang from curtains or blinds because of the same reason.

Join Jerusalem Post Premium Plus now for just $5 and upgrade your experience with an ads-free website and exclusive content. Click here>>

Related Content

Breaking news
October 17, 2018
Bomb under office chair kills Afghan election candidate

By REUTERS