Belgian ministers offer resignations over attacks

By REUTERS
March 24, 2016 14:51

 
X

Dear Reader,
As you can imagine, more people are reading The Jerusalem Post than ever before. Nevertheless, traditional business models are no longer sustainable and high-quality publications, like ours, are being forced to look for new ways to keep going. Unlike many other news organizations, we have not put up a paywall. We want to keep our journalism open and accessible and be able to keep providing you with news and analyses from the frontlines of Israel, the Middle East and the Jewish World.

As one of our loyal readers, we ask you to be our partner.

For $5 a month you will receive access to the following:

  • A user experience almost completely free of ads
  • Access to our Premium Section
  • Content from the award-winning Jerusalem Report and our monthly magazine to learn Hebrew - Ivrit
  • A brand new ePaper featuring the daily newspaper as it appears in print in Israel

Help us grow and continue telling Israel’s story to the world.

Thank you,

Ronit Hasin-Hochman, CEO, Jerusalem Post Group
Yaakov Katz, Editor-in-Chief

UPGRADE YOUR JPOST EXPERIENCE FOR 5$ PER MONTH Show me later Don't show it again

BRUSSELS - Belgium's interior and justice ministers offered their resignations over the Brussels attacks but they were rejected by Prime Minister Charles Michel, Belgian media said on Thursday.

Interior Minister Jan Jambon and Justice Minister Koen Geens were not immediately available for comment.

Belgian authorities are facing embarrassment after Turkey said on Wednesday that last year Ankara expelled back to Europe Ibrahim El Bakraoui, one of the suicide bombers who carried out the attacks on Tuesday, and warned Belgium he was a militant.

"Belgium ignored our warning that this person is a foreign fighter," President Tayyip Erdogan said on Wednesday.

Related Content

Breaking news
August 19, 2018
Afghanistan announces Muslim Eid holiday ceasefire with Taliban

By REUTERS