Bennett blames PA incitement for recent wave of terrorism

By JPOST.COM STAFF
December 25, 2013 08:11

 
X

Dear Reader,
As you can imagine, more people are reading The Jerusalem Post than ever before. Nevertheless, traditional business models are no longer sustainable and high-quality publications, like ours, are being forced to look for new ways to keep going. Unlike many other news organizations, we have not put up a paywall. We want to keep our journalism open and accessible and be able to keep providing you with news and analyses from the frontlines of Israel, the Middle East and the Jewish World.

As one of our loyal readers, we ask you to be our partner.

For $5 a month you will receive access to the following:

  • A user experience almost completely free of ads
  • Access to our Premium Section
  • Content from the award-winning Jerusalem Report and our monthly magazine to learn Hebrew - Ivrit
  • A brand new ePaper featuring the daily newspaper as it appears in print in Israel

Help us grow and continue telling Israel’s story to the world.

Thank you,

Ronit Hasin-Hochman, CEO, Jerusalem Post Group
Yaakov Katz, Editor-in-Chief

UPGRADE YOUR JPOST EXPERIENCE FOR 5$ PER MONTH Show me later

Israeli ministers and lawmakers took to the airwaves on Wednesday morning to issue warnings to the Palestinians over continued terrorist activity.

Economy Minister Naftali Bennett told Israel Radio that the Palestinian Authority was to blame for the escalation in violence due to what he calls “incitement to kill Israelis.”

“If the terrorism continues, there won’t be quiet on the Palestinian side,” Bennett said.

The minister said the PA has encouraged a culture of incitement by naming town squares in Ramallah after suicide bombers and by offering state-sponsored stipends and benefits to convicted terrorists jailed in Israel.

Bennett told Israel Radio that the recent wave of terrorist attacks was set off by the re-launched peace negotiations with the Palestinians. Last year was the quietest in the last 35 years precisely because there were no peace talks between Jerusalem and Ramallah, according to Bennett.

Join Jerusalem Post Premium Plus now for just $5 and upgrade your experience with an ads-free website and exclusive content. Click here>>

Related Content

Breaking news
September 18, 2018
Jerusalem Post closed for Yom Kippur

By JERUSALEM POST STAFF