Border Guard Cadet fabricated stabbing; suspects released

By JPOST.COM STAFF
April 12, 2012 23:04

Police released two 16-year-olds suspected of stabbing a Border Guard cadet late Thursday after their investigation revealed that the cadet had fabricated the attack.

Police had arrested the suspects earlier Thursday near Karmiel. In a press statement, police said that the 18-year-old stabbing victim had been standing at an olive grove near a rest stop along Route 854, whereupon he was allegedly stabbed by the two suspects. His partner, another Border Guard cadet, discovered him lying in the grove soon after and alerted local authorities.

Police said that the cadet had been evacuated to hospital in Nahariya with light to moderate injuries.


Related Content

Breaking news
June 21, 2018
U.S. strongly condemns attacks on Libyan oil ports

By REUTERS