BREAKING NEWS

Bosnia US embassy attacker says he acted alone

SARAJEVO - A gunman who opened fire with an assault rifle on the US embassy in the Bosnian capital Sarajevo on Friday said he had acted alone, his lawyer said on Sunday.
Lawyer Senad Dupovac said that 23-year-old Mevlid Jasarevic said he had no accomplices but he expressed concern for the defendant's mental state."He is confused and I do not think he is aware of his actions and I believe that he would need psychiatric expertise," said Dupovac, after meeting his client, who was wounded by a police sharpshooter before the arrest.
Bosnia's state prosecutor Dubravko Campara said he would ask the state court on Monday to order a detention term for Jasarevic on suspicion of terrorism.
The prosecutor said that two people had been detained in Bosnia on suspicion of links with Jasarevic following several police raids.
Subscribe for our daily newsletter
Subscribe for our daily newsletter

By subscribing I accept the terms of use