Britain to reexamine ways to end Syrian conflict

By REUTERS
November 8, 2012 15:32

 
X

Dear Reader,
As you can imagine, more people are reading The Jerusalem Post than ever before. Nevertheless, traditional business models are no longer sustainable and high-quality publications, like ours, are being forced to look for new ways to keep going. Unlike many other news organizations, we have not put up a paywall. We want to keep our journalism open and accessible and be able to keep providing you with news and analyses from the frontlines of Israel, the Middle East and the Jewish World.

As one of our loyal readers, we ask you to be our partner.

For a symbolic $5 a month you will receive access to the following:

  • A user uxperience almost completely free of ads
  • Access to our Premium Section and our monthly magazine to learn Hebrew, Ivrit
  • Content from the award-winning Jerusalem Repor
  • A brand new ePaper featuring the daily newspaper as it appears in print in Israel

Help us grow and continue telling Israel’s story to the world.

Thank you,

Ronit Hasin-Hochman, CEO, Jerusalem Post Group
Yaakov Katz, Editor-in-Chief

UPGRADE YOUR JPOST EXPERIENCE FOR 5$ PER MONTH Don't show it again

LONDON - Britain wants to reexamine previously abandoned options in looking at ways to end the conflict in Syria, Prime Minister David Cameron's office said on Thursday.

An official declined to elaborate when asked whether those options included reviewing the EU arms embargo on Syria, which forbids sending weapons to the rebels, or imposing a no-fly zone, but said nothing would be ruled out.

"The prime minister wants to come back and look at things that were on the table a year ago which we didn't want to do then. He wants to put them back on the table," the official said.

"We haven't ruled anything in and we haven't ruled anything out ... This is the moment to get some impetus going forward. We want to put everything on the table."

The European Union arms embargo on Syria expires on December 1.


Related Content

Breaking news
June 25, 2018
U.S. plans limits on Chinese investment in U.S. technology firms

By REUTERS