Danish police arrest suspect after policeman shot in head

By REUTERS
December 6, 2016 14:20

 
X

Dear Reader,
As you can imagine, more people are reading The Jerusalem Post than ever before. Nevertheless, traditional business models are no longer sustainable and high-quality publications, like ours, are being forced to look for new ways to keep going. Unlike many other news organizations, we have not put up a paywall. We want to keep our journalism open and accessible and be able to keep providing you with news and analyses from the frontlines of Israel, the Middle East and the Jewish World.

As one of our loyal readers, we ask you to be our partner.

For $5 a month you will receive access to the following:

  • A user experience almost completely free of ads
  • Access to our Premium Section
  • Content from the award-winning Jerusalem Report and our monthly magazine to learn Hebrew - Ivrit
  • A brand new ePaper featuring the daily newspaper as it appears in print in Israel

Help us grow and continue telling Israel’s story to the world.

Thank you,

Ronit Hasin-Hochman, CEO, Jerusalem Post Group
Yaakov Katz, Editor-in-Chief

UPGRADE YOUR JPOST EXPERIENCE FOR 5$ PER MONTH Show me later

COPENHAGEN - Danish police on Tuesday said it had arrested a man suspected of seriously wounding one of its officers by shooting him in the head outside a police station in a Copenhagen suburb earlier in the day.

Police said the 26-year-old suspect was known to the force and that it believed he had acted alone. He was detained in Albertslund, where the shooting occurred.

The officer's condition was deemed serious by medical personnel, but not critical, police said at a briefing.

Police stations across Denmark were put on alert and heavily armed officers were deployed around stations in Copenhagen, but these measures were reversed after the arrest.

"After the arrest of the alleged shooter, all extraordinary security measures at our stations have now been called off," Danish police said on Twitter.

The shooter will appear in court on Wednesday for preliminary questioning related to charges of assault with intent to kill.

Join Jerusalem Post Premium Plus now for just $5 and upgrade your experience with an ads-free website and exclusive content. Click here>>

Related Content

Breaking news
September 22, 2018
Report: Incendiary balloon causes fire in Kibbutz Kissufim

By JERUSALEM POST STAFF