Education Ministry, Beit Shemesh reach agreement on schools controversy

By
October 6, 2014 22:53

The Ministry of Education and the Beit Shemesh municipal authority have agreed upon a temporary solution to the controversy that exploded over the Safot Ve’Tarbuyot school in Beit Shemesh last month.

The Beit Shemesh municipal authority cordoned off one of the school’s two floors in order to accommodate over 100 girls of the haredi Mishekenot Daat school who were without classrooms or school premises for the beginning of the academic year, but the move generated outrage from the city’s non-haredi population as well as opposition from the Ministry of Education which was not consulted in the division of the school.According to the deal that has been arranged through the Jerusalem District Court, the ministry will finance the placement of four mobile caravilla classrooms in the school yard of Safot Ve’Tarbuyot as soon as possible and the 110 girls of Mishkenot Daat will leave the floor of the main building that they were placed in by the municipality and study there for the rest of the year.

The court said this process must be completed no later than November 10.


Related Content

Breaking news
September 20, 2019
Trump says U.S. sanctioning Iran's national bank

By REUTERS