French investigators conduct DNA tests on second church attacker

By REUTERS
July 27, 2016 16:46

 
X

Dear Reader,
As you can imagine, more people are reading The Jerusalem Post than ever before. Nevertheless, traditional business models are no longer sustainable and high-quality publications, like ours, are being forced to look for new ways to keep going. Unlike many other news organizations, we have not put up a paywall. We want to keep our journalism open and accessible and be able to keep providing you with news and analyses from the frontlines of Israel, the Middle East and the Jewish World.

As one of our loyal readers, we ask you to be our partner.

For $5 a month you will receive access to the following:

  • A user experience almost completely free of ads
  • Access to our Premium Section
  • Content from the award-winning Jerusalem Report and our monthly magazine to learn Hebrew - Ivrit
  • A brand new ePaper featuring the daily newspaper as it appears in print in Israel

Help us grow and continue telling Israel’s story to the world.

Thank you,

Ronit Hasin-Hochman, CEO, Jerusalem Post Group
Yaakov Katz, Editor-in-Chief

UPGRADE YOUR JPOST EXPERIENCE FOR 5$ PER MONTH Show me later

PARIS- French investigators believe the second assailant in the Normandy church attack was a 19-year-old from southeastern France who was previously unknown to the police, a judicial source said on Wednesday.

The source said the delay in formally identifying Abdel Malik P. as the second attacker occurred because DNA tests were being carried out.

His identity card was found at the home of the other assailant, identified by France's anti-terror prosecutor as Adel Kermiche on Tuesday, the source said.



The two men attacked and killed an 85-year-old parish priest, Father Jacques Hamel, as he was leading prayers in a church in Saint-Etienne-du-Rouvray, a working-class town near Rouen, northwest of Paris. Both the attackers were killed by police.

Join Jerusalem Post Premium Plus now for just $5 and upgrade your experience with an ads-free website and exclusive content. Click here>>

Related Content

Breaking news
December 12, 2018
UK condemns Hezbollah tunnels into Israel, Iran ballistic missiles

By JERUSALEM POST STAFF, TOVAH LAZAROFF