German police to release 7 suspects in connection with Paris attack

By REUTERS
November 17, 2015 20:08

 
X

Dear Reader,
As you can imagine, more people are reading The Jerusalem Post than ever before. Nevertheless, traditional business models are no longer sustainable and high-quality publications, like ours, are being forced to look for new ways to keep going. Unlike many other news organizations, we have not put up a paywall. We want to keep our journalism open and accessible and be able to keep providing you with news and analyses from the frontlines of Israel, the Middle East and the Jewish World.

As one of our loyal readers, we ask you to be our partner.

For $5 a month you will receive access to the following:

  • A user uxperience almost completely free of ads
  • Access to our Premium Section and our monthly magazine to learn Hebrew, Ivrit
  • Content from the award-winning Jerusalem Repor
  • A brand new ePaper featuring the daily newspaper as it appears in print in Israel

Help us grow and continue telling Israel’s story to the world.

Thank you,

Ronit Hasin-Hochman, CEO, Jerusalem Post Group
Yaakov Katz, Editor-in-Chief

UPGRADE YOUR JPOST EXPERIENCE FOR 5$ PER MONTH Show me later Don't show it again



AACHEN, Germany - German police will release the seven people detained earlier on Tuesday over suspicion that they were linked to the attacks in Paris last week, a spokeswoman said.



"There is no reason that they continue to be detained," she said. "According to the investigation they are not the people we are looking for."



German Interior Minister Thomas de Maiziere said during a news conference the suspects arrested had no direct link to the suicide bombings and shooting attacks on restaurants, a music hall and a sports stadium in Paris on Friday night.



"There was evidence that this might have been a big fish," de Maiziere said. "The arrest was successful but the person doesn't seem to be the one we're looking for."



A manhunt is on in France and Belgium for one of the eight attackers involved in the attacks.

Related Content

Breaking news
July 21, 2018
More than 100 report sexual misconduct by late Ohio State doctor

By REUTERS