Henin submits query to Barak over Dimona radiation

December 8, 2011 22:00


Dear Reader,
As you can imagine, more people are reading The Jerusalem Post than ever before. Nevertheless, traditional business models are no longer sustainable and high-quality publications, like ours, are being forced to look for new ways to keep going. Unlike many other news organizations, we have not put up a paywall. We want to keep our journalism open and accessible and be able to keep providing you with news and analyses from the frontlines of Israel, the Middle East and the Jewish World.

As one of our loyal readers, we ask you to be our partner.

For $5 a month you will receive access to the following:

  • A user experience almost completely free of ads
  • Access to our Premium Section
  • Content from the award-winning Jerusalem Report and our monthly magazine to learn Hebrew - Ivrit
  • A brand new ePaper featuring the daily newspaper as it appears in print in Israel

Help us grow and continue telling Israel’s story to the world.

Thank you,

Ronit Hasin-Hochman, CEO, Jerusalem Post Group
Yaakov Katz, Editor-in-Chief

UPGRADE YOUR JPOST EXPERIENCE FOR 5$ PER MONTH Show me later Don't show it again

Following court testimony on Wednesday that workers at the Negev Nuclear Research Center had been exposed to dangerously high radiation levels, MK and Health and Environment Committee Chair Dov Henin (Hadash) submitted a parliamentary query to the defense minister, citing worker complaints that the director of security of the defense establishment (DSDE) exposed them to these threats.

The statements testifying to the workers' hazardous level of exposure had been delivered by the former head of safety at the Sorek nuclear research center, Dr. Thelma Byrne.

"The Dimona reactor is old, and as such is dangerous, and the time has come to have a serious and thorough debate about its environmental implications, health and safety," Henin said.

Related Content

Breaking news
August 17, 2018
Xiamen Air passenger jet skids off runway in Manila, no casualties