Hospital: 16 killed, 29 hurt in central Afghanistan attack

By REUTERS
August 14, 2011 12:01

 
X

Dear Reader,
As you can imagine, more people are reading The Jerusalem Post than ever before. Nevertheless, traditional business models are no longer sustainable and high-quality publications, like ours, are being forced to look for new ways to keep going. Unlike many other news organizations, we have not put up a paywall. We want to keep our journalism open and accessible and be able to keep providing you with news and analyses from the frontlines of Israel, the Middle East and the Jewish World.

As one of our loyal readers, we ask you to be our partner.

For $5 a month you will receive access to the following:

  • A user experience almost completely free of ads
  • Access to our Premium Section
  • Content from the award-winning Jerusalem Report and our monthly magazine to learn Hebrew - Ivrit
  • A brand new ePaper featuring the daily newspaper as it appears in print in Israel

Help us grow and continue telling Israel’s story to the world.

Thank you,

Ronit Hasin-Hochman, CEO, Jerusalem Post Group
Yaakov Katz, Editor-in-Chief

UPGRADE YOUR JPOST EXPERIENCE FOR 5$ PER MONTH Show me later Don't show it again

KABUL - At least 16 people, most of them government employees, have been killed in an attack by suicide bombers and gunmen on a governor's compound in central Afghanistan on Sunday, a doctor at the main provincial hospital said.

"So far we have received 16 bodies and 29 have been injured," Mohammad Asif, the chief doctor at the Parwan provincial hospital, told Reuters. "Most of the bodies are government employees."

Parwan governor Abdul Basir Salangi said as many as six suicide bombers attacked his compound earlier on Sunday. Several blasts and bursts of gunfire were heard during the attack, a Reuters witness said.

Related Content

Breaking news
August 16, 2018
Minister sees end to 'stupid' airport grilling of leftists

By REUTERS