IAF hits 3 targets in Gaza in response to rocket fire

By JPOST.COM STAFF
November 12, 2012 05:32

 
X

Dear Reader,
As you can imagine, more people are reading The Jerusalem Post than ever before. Nevertheless, traditional business models are no longer sustainable and high-quality publications, like ours, are being forced to look for new ways to keep going. Unlike many other news organizations, we have not put up a paywall. We want to keep our journalism open and accessible and be able to keep providing you with news and analyses from the frontlines of Israel, the Middle East and the Jewish World.

As one of our loyal readers, we ask you to be our partner.

For $5 a month you will receive access to the following:

  • A user experience almost completely free of ads
  • Access to our Premium Section
  • Content from the award-winning Jerusalem Report and our monthly magazine to learn Hebrew - Ivrit
  • A brand new ePaper featuring the daily newspaper as it appears in print in Israel

Help us grow and continue telling Israel’s story to the world.

Thank you,

Ronit Hasin-Hochman, CEO, Jerusalem Post Group
Yaakov Katz, Editor-in-Chief

UPGRADE YOUR JPOST EXPERIENCE FOR 5$ PER MONTH Show me later

The Israeli Air Force struck three targets in the Gaza Strip early Monday morning following a 24-hour period in which Palestinian terrorists fired over 100 rockets into southern Israel, injuring three people.

Israeli warplanes targeted a tunnel used for terrorist purposes and a weapons storage facility in the northern Gaza Strip, and a rocket-launching site in the south of the Strip, the IDF Spokesman's Office said in a statement.

The airstrikes, the IDF said, were in response to the rocket and mortar fire into Israel.

Shortly before midnight, Palestinian Islamic Jihad announced that a cease-fire had gone into effect. Two rockets were fired after the announcement, but the volatile border region had been quiet for a number of hours.

Join Jerusalem Post Premium Plus now for just $5 and upgrade your experience with an ads-free website and exclusive content. Click here>>

Related Content

Breaking news
October 17, 2018
Iranian minister: US sanctions display disregard for human rights

By REUTERS