Israel announces series of punitive measures against Palestinian terrorism

By NOAM AMIR/MAARIV HASHAVUA
October 4, 2015 20:33

 
X

Dear Reader,
As you can imagine, more people are reading The Jerusalem Post than ever before. Nevertheless, traditional business models are no longer sustainable and high-quality publications, like ours, are being forced to look for new ways to keep going. Unlike many other news organizations, we have not put up a paywall. We want to keep our journalism open and accessible and be able to keep providing you with news and analyses from the frontlines of Israel, the Middle East and the Jewish World.

As one of our loyal readers, we ask you to be our partner.

For $5 a month you will receive access to the following:

  • A user experience almost completely free of ads
  • Access to our Premium Section
  • Content from the award-winning Jerusalem Report and our monthly magazine to learn Hebrew - Ivrit
  • A brand new ePaper featuring the daily newspaper as it appears in print in Israel

Help us grow and continue telling Israel’s story to the world.

Thank you,

Ronit Hasin-Hochman, CEO, Jerusalem Post Group
Yaakov Katz, Editor-in-Chief

UPGRADE YOUR JPOST EXPERIENCE FOR 5$ PER MONTH Show me later Don't show it again

After consultations with top army brass and senior security officials, Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu on Sunday announced a series of punitive measures aimed at deterring Palestinians from carrying out attacks similar to the deadly assaults which killed four Israelis in the last week.

Netanyahu, who had convened the emergency meeting with Defense Minister Moshe Ya'alon, Public Security Minister Gilad Erdan, IDF Chief of Staff Gadi Eisenkot, Israel Security Agency director Yoram Cohen, and the acting chief of police Bentzi Sau.

"I'd like to send condolences to the families of those murdered and to wish a speedy recovery to the wounded," Netanyahu said at the end of the meeting. "We are in the midst of a bitter war to the end against Palestinian terrorism."

Related Content

Breaking news
August 14, 2018
At least 20 dead, 16 injured in Italy bridge collapse, official says

By REUTERS