Lapid says he will cut funding for yeshivas with students who didn't enlist

By JPOST.COM STAFF
February 4, 2014 20:31

 
X

Dear Reader,
As you can imagine, more people are reading The Jerusalem Post than ever before. Nevertheless, traditional business models are no longer sustainable and high-quality publications, like ours, are being forced to look for new ways to keep going. Unlike many other news organizations, we have not put up a paywall. We want to keep our journalism open and accessible and be able to keep providing you with news and analyses from the frontlines of Israel, the Middle East and the Jewish World.

As one of our loyal readers, we ask you to be our partner.

For $5 a month you will receive access to the following:

  • A user uxperience almost completely free of ads
  • Access to our Premium Section and our monthly magazine to learn Hebrew, Ivrit
  • Content from the award-winning Jerusalem Repor
  • A brand new ePaper featuring the daily newspaper as it appears in print in Israel

Help us grow and continue telling Israel’s story to the world.

Thank you,

Ronit Hasin-Hochman, CEO, Jerusalem Post Group
Yaakov Katz, Editor-in-Chief

UPGRADE YOUR JPOST EXPERIENCE FOR 5$ PER MONTH Show me later Don't show it again

Finance Minister Yair Lapid said on Tuesday evening that following the High Court ruling, he will stop stipend payments to yeshiva students whose draft dates had been pushed back by Defense Minister Moshe Ya'alon.

The High Court ruled on Tuesday that Ya'alon's deferment of such draft dates were possibly not legal.

Related Content

Breaking news
July 16, 2018
Trump and Putin to hold first summit talks as twitchy West looks on

By REUTERS