Libyan PM says reports that another Gaddafi son located

By REUTERS
October 20, 2011 17:17

 
X

Dear Reader,
As you can imagine, more people are reading The Jerusalem Post than ever before. Nevertheless, traditional business models are no longer sustainable and high-quality publications, like ours, are being forced to look for new ways to keep going. Unlike many other news organizations, we have not put up a paywall. We want to keep our journalism open and accessible and be able to keep providing you with news and analyses from the frontlines of Israel, the Middle East and the Jewish World.

As one of our loyal readers, we ask you to be our partner.

For $5 a month you will receive access to the following:

  • A user uxperience almost completely free of ads
  • Access to our Premium Section and our monthly magazine to learn Hebrew, Ivrit
  • Content from the award-winning Jerusalem Repor
  • A brand new ePaper featuring the daily newspaper as it appears in print in Israel

Help us grow and continue telling Israel’s story to the world.

Thank you,

Ronit Hasin-Hochman, CEO, Jerusalem Post Group
Yaakov Katz, Editor-in-Chief

UPGRADE YOUR JPOST EXPERIENCE FOR 5$ PER MONTH Show me later Don't show it again

TRIPOLI - Libya's de facto prime minister Mahmoud Jibril said on Thursday he had unconfirmed reports that Muammar Gaddafi's son Saif al-Islam had been tracked down near the city of Sirte and that his convoy was under attack.

Speaking at a news conference in Tripoli, Jibril confirmed that Muammar Gaddafi, who ruled Libya for 42 years until August, had been killed after he was captured in Sirte.

"We confirm that all the evils, plus Gaddafi, have vanished from this beloved country. I think it's for the Libyans to realize that it's time to start a new Libya, a united Libya, one people, one future," he said.

He also called on neighboring Algeria to hand over members of Gaddafi's family who fled there in August. Two of Gaddafi's sons, his daughter and his wife are in Algeria.

Related Content

Breaking news
July 19, 2018
General: No big shifts expected from U.S. assessment of Afghan war

By REUTERS