Man who threatened MK Zandberg is banned from social media

By
August 25, 2015 14:07

 
X

Dear Reader,
As you can imagine, more people are reading The Jerusalem Post than ever before. Nevertheless, traditional business models are no longer sustainable and high-quality publications, like ours, are being forced to look for new ways to keep going. Unlike many other news organizations, we have not put up a paywall. We want to keep our journalism open and accessible and be able to keep providing you with news and analyses from the frontlines of Israel, the Middle East and the Jewish World.

As one of our loyal readers, we ask you to be our partner.

For $5 a month you will receive access to the following:

  • A user experience almost completely free of ads
  • Access to our Premium Section
  • Content from the award-winning Jerusalem Report and our monthly magazine to learn Hebrew - Ivrit
  • A brand new ePaper featuring the daily newspaper as it appears in print in Israel

Help us grow and continue telling Israel’s story to the world.

Thank you,

Ronit Hasin-Hochman, CEO, Jerusalem Post Group
Yaakov Katz, Editor-in-Chief

UPGRADE YOUR JPOST EXPERIENCE FOR 5$ PER MONTH Show me later

Police arrested a 39-year-old resident of the South for threatening MK Tamar Zandberg (Meretz) on Facebook.

The Tel Aviv Magistrates Court ordered the man’s release on Tuesday, the day after he was arrested and admitted to the charges against him.

The court prohibited the man from using social media or expressing his opinion publicly.

Zandberg receives death threats on social media regularly, and shared some of them earlier this month. Some of the examples she showed called her a traitor and said she should be hanged because of her views.

The Meretz MK did not complain to the police about the threats, someone else did, after seeing the comments on the Facebook page of rapper Hatzel (“The Shadow”), who is associated with right-wing extremist groups.

Zandberg’s office said she only heard that the man had been arrested after the fact, when she received a call from the police.

Join Jerusalem Post Premium Plus now for just $5 and upgrade your experience with an ads-free website and exclusive content. Click here>>

Related Content

Breaking news
November 13, 2018
Residents of the South are "tired of silence" and protesting the ceasefire

By JERUSALEM POST STAFF, TAMARA ZIEVE