North Korea says it has joined Twitter, YouTube

By ASSOCIATED PRESS
August 17, 2010 11:17

North Korea appears to have ramped up its propaganda war against South Korea and the U.S. by turning to Twitter and YouTube — websites that most citizens of the reclusive communist country are banned from viewing.

The North's government-run Uriminzokkiri website posted an announcement last week saying it has a Twitter account and a YouTube channel.

More than 80 videos have been uploaded since July to the global video-sharing site under the user name uriminzokkiri. The series of clips include condemnation of "warmongers" South Korea and the U.S. for blaming North Korea for the sinking of a South Korean warship in March.

In May, an international team of investigators found North Korea responsible for the sinking, which killed 46 South Korean sailors, but the North denies involvement.

"Those who enjoy setting flames of war are bound to burn in those very flames," a narrator says in one video.


Related Content

Breaking news
May 27, 2018
Border Police shoot suspicious woman in Jerusalem neighborhood

By JPOST.COM STAFF