Norway police raise attack death toll to 77 from 76

By REUTERS
July 29, 2011 19:46

 
X

Dear Reader,
As you can imagine, more people are reading The Jerusalem Post than ever before. Nevertheless, traditional business models are no longer sustainable and high-quality publications, like ours, are being forced to look for new ways to keep going. Unlike many other news organizations, we have not put up a paywall. We want to keep our journalism open and accessible and be able to keep providing you with news and analyses from the frontlines of Israel, the Middle East and the Jewish World.

As one of our loyal readers, we ask you to be our partner.

For $5 a month you will receive access to the following:

  • A user experience almost completely free of ads
  • Access to our Premium Section
  • Content from the award-winning Jerusalem Report and our monthly magazine to learn Hebrew - Ivrit
  • A brand new ePaper featuring the daily newspaper as it appears in print in Israel

Help us grow and continue telling Israel’s story to the world.

Thank you,

Ronit Hasin-Hochman, CEO, Jerusalem Post Group
Yaakov Katz, Editor-in-Chief

UPGRADE YOUR JPOST EXPERIENCE FOR 5$ PER MONTH Show me later Don't show it again

OSLO - Norwegian police said on Friday that the death toll in a bombing and shooting massacre by anti-Islam attacker Anders Behring Breivik a week ago had risen to 77 from 76.

"All the dead after the terrorist actions...have been identified," a police statement said. It stopped short of declaring the toll final -- searches are still going on.

Police published a list of 36 names of those who had been identified on Friday, adding to 41 previously listed.

Related Content

Breaking news
August 16, 2018
Commander of IDF Military Headquarters under investigation for bribery

By ANNA AHRONHEIM