OC Southern Command Maj.-Gen. Tal Russo Saturday evening visited the
Kibbutz struck by mortar shells that injured three agricultural workers
earlier in the day.
Russo, speaking at Kibbutz Sha'ar Hanegev, said that the IDF is currently dealing with the event on an
operational level. "We will deal with those who fired the mortars and
those who sent them," he clarified.
Addressing the firefight Friday night, in which one soldier was killed
and four injured, Russo said: "The matter is being investigated, a
committee of inquiry has been appointed and we are investigating the
matter." He added, "There are things that are already known," and we
have already passed those conclusions on to the operational forces.