OC S. Command Russo visits Kibbutz hit by mortars

By JPOST.COM STAFF
January 8, 2011 19:25

 
X

Dear Reader,
As you can imagine, more people are reading The Jerusalem Post than ever before. Nevertheless, traditional business models are no longer sustainable and high-quality publications, like ours, are being forced to look for new ways to keep going. Unlike many other news organizations, we have not put up a paywall. We want to keep our journalism open and accessible and be able to keep providing you with news and analyses from the frontlines of Israel, the Middle East and the Jewish World.

As one of our loyal readers, we ask you to be our partner.

For $5 a month you will receive access to the following:

  • A user experience almost completely free of ads
  • Access to our Premium Section
  • Content from the award-winning Jerusalem Report and our monthly magazine to learn Hebrew - Ivrit
  • A brand new ePaper featuring the daily newspaper as it appears in print in Israel

Help us grow and continue telling Israel’s story to the world.

Thank you,

Ronit Hasin-Hochman, CEO, Jerusalem Post Group
Yaakov Katz, Editor-in-Chief

UPGRADE YOUR JPOST EXPERIENCE FOR 5$ PER MONTH Show me later Don't show it again

OC Southern Command Maj.-Gen. Tal Russo Friday evening visited the Kibbutz struck by mortar shells that injured three agricultural workers earlier in the day.

Russo said that the IDF is currently dealing with the event on an operational level. "We will deal with those who fired the mortars and those who sent them," he clarified.

Addressing the firefight Friday night, in which one soldier was killed and four injured, Russo said: "The matter is being investigated, a committee of inquiry has been appointed and we are investigating the matter." He added, "There are things that are already known," and we have already passed those conclusions on to the operational forces.

Related Content

Breaking news
August 15, 2018
U.S. lawsuit over photos at U.S.-Mexico border crossings is revived

By REUTERS