'Over 2000 potential attackers identified' says Shin Bet chief

By JPOST.COM STAFF
June 27, 2017 10:48

 
X

Dear Reader,
As you can imagine, more people are reading The Jerusalem Post than ever before. Nevertheless, traditional business models are no longer sustainable and high-quality publications, like ours, are being forced to look for new ways to keep going. Unlike many other news organizations, we have not put up a paywall. We want to keep our journalism open and accessible and be able to keep providing you with news and analyses from the frontlines of Israel, the Middle East and the Jewish World.

As one of our loyal readers, we ask you to be our partner.

For $5 a month you will receive access to the following:

  • A user experience almost completely free of ads
  • Access to our Premium Section
  • Content from the award-winning Jerusalem Report and our monthly magazine to learn Hebrew - Ivrit
  • A brand new ePaper featuring the daily newspaper as it appears in print in Israel

Help us grow and continue telling Israel’s story to the world.

Thank you,

Ronit Hasin-Hochman, CEO, Jerusalem Post Group
Yaakov Katz, Editor-in-Chief

UPGRADE YOUR JPOST EXPERIENCE FOR 5$ PER MONTH Show me later

On Tuesday, Shin Bet Chief Nadav Argaman said that Israeli security services had been able to pin-point more then 2000 would-be lone wolf attackers from the beginning of 2016. 

He also pointed to the quick recovery time of cyber-terrorism. 'In cyber attacks, after a Trojan is exposed, neutralized, and sealed," said Argaman, "all that the attacker needs to do is to change a few lines of code to relaunch the attack."

These remarks were part of Argaman's address to the Cyber Week conference at Tel Aviv University, now in its third day.     

Join Jerusalem Post Premium Plus now for just $5 and upgrade your experience with an ads-free website and exclusive content. Click here>>

Related Content

Breaking news
November 15, 2018
Netanyahu congratulates Lion on his election to mayor of Jerusalem

By JERUSALEM POST STAFF