Passengers evacuated after bomb threat on local Portugal flight

By REUTERS
February 2, 2016 10:55

 
X

Dear Reader,
As you can imagine, more people are reading The Jerusalem Post than ever before. Nevertheless, traditional business models are no longer sustainable and high-quality publications, like ours, are being forced to look for new ways to keep going. Unlike many other news organizations, we have not put up a paywall. We want to keep our journalism open and accessible and be able to keep providing you with news and analyses from the frontlines of Israel, the Middle East and the Jewish World.

As one of our loyal readers, we ask you to be our partner.

For $5 a month you will receive access to the following:

  • A user experience almost completely free of ads
  • Access to our Premium Section
  • Content from the award-winning Jerusalem Report and our monthly magazine to learn Hebrew - Ivrit
  • A brand new ePaper featuring the daily newspaper as it appears in print in Israel

Help us grow and continue telling Israel’s story to the world.

Thank you,

Ronit Hasin-Hochman, CEO, Jerusalem Post Group
Yaakov Katz, Editor-in-Chief

UPGRADE YOUR JPOST EXPERIENCE FOR 5$ PER MONTH Show me later

LISBON - A bomb threat on a plane preparing to leave Faro airport in Portugal's southern region of Algarve for Lisbon forced the evacuation of its 38 passengers early on Tuesday, a spokesman for the country's flag carrier TAP said.

"There was a bomb threat and the plane was handed over to the authorities for inspection. The passengers have been removed," he said, declining to provide details on how the threat had been delivered. Police had no immediate comment.

The flight had been due to take off at 6:05 a.m. (0605 GMT), but was still being searched at 0840 GMT.

The airport in the region popular with tourists was put on the second-highest "orange" alert, but the flights timetable showed no further delays for arrivals and departures.

Join Jerusalem Post Premium Plus now for just $5 and upgrade your experience with an ads-free website and exclusive content. Click here>>

Related Content

Breaking news
November 20, 2018
Report: One injured in stabbing attack south of Jerusalem

By JERUSALEM POST STAFF