Pentagon supplier Lockheed Martin recovering after massive security breach

By REUTERS
July 10, 2015 01:37

 
X

Dear Reader,
As you can imagine, more people are reading The Jerusalem Post than ever before. Nevertheless, traditional business models are no longer sustainable and high-quality publications, like ours, are being forced to look for new ways to keep going. Unlike many other news organizations, we have not put up a paywall. We want to keep our journalism open and accessible and be able to keep providing you with news and analyses from the frontlines of Israel, the Middle East and the Jewish World.

As one of our loyal readers, we ask you to be our partner.

For $5 a month you will receive access to the following:

  • A user experience almost completely free of ads
  • Access to our Premium Section
  • Content from the award-winning Jerusalem Report and our monthly magazine to learn Hebrew - Ivrit
  • A brand new ePaper featuring the daily newspaper as it appears in print in Israel

Help us grow and continue telling Israel’s story to the world.

Thank you,

Ronit Hasin-Hochman, CEO, Jerusalem Post Group
Yaakov Katz, Editor-in-Chief

UPGRADE YOUR JPOST EXPERIENCE FOR 5$ PER MONTH Show me later

WASHINGTON - Lockheed Martin Corp, the Pentagon's top supplier, on Thursday said it was trying to assess the impact on its workers from a massive breach of US personnel and security clearance records held by the US Office of Personnel Management.

The government agency on Thursday said the stolen data included Social Security numbers and other sensitive information on 21.5 million people who have undergone background checks for security clearances, millions more than previously reported.

"Our cyber and counterintelligence teams have been in constant contact with several government agencies to determine the impact to our employees," Lockheed spokesman Steve Field told Reuters. He said employees were being encouraged to participate in credit monitoring services and increase their vigilance as result of the incident. Field declined comment on how many Lockheed employees were affected.

Join Jerusalem Post Premium Plus now for just $5 and upgrade your experience with an ads-free website and exclusive content. Click here>>

Related Content

Breaking news
September 26, 2018
Report: Pentagon removing certain U.S. missile systems from Middle East

By REUTERS