Police: Taiba man guns down lover’s husband

October 26, 2014 02:34
1 minute read.


Dear Reader,
As you can imagine, more people are reading The Jerusalem Post than ever before. Nevertheless, traditional business models are no longer sustainable and high-quality publications, like ours, are being forced to look for new ways to keep going. Unlike many other news organizations, we have not put up a paywall. We want to keep our journalism open and accessible and be able to keep providing you with news and analyses from the frontlines of Israel, the Middle East and the Jewish World.

As one of our loyal readers, we ask you to be our partner.

For $5 a month you will receive access to the following:

  • A user uxperience almost completely free of ads
  • Access to our Premium Section and our monthly magazine to learn Hebrew, Ivrit
  • Content from the award-winning Jerusalem Repor
  • A brand new ePaper featuring the daily newspaper as it appears in print in Israel

Help us grow and continue telling Israel’s story to the world.

Thank you,

Ronit Hasin-Hochman, CEO, Jerusalem Post Group
Yaakov Katz, Editor-in-Chief

UPGRADE YOUR JPOST EXPERIENCE FOR 5$ PER MONTH Show me later Don't show it again

A woman from Taiba in the Triangle region sent a text message to her lover telling him her husband had left the house, and within minutes the lover shot her husband dead from a passing car, Central District police said.

Details of the murder in late August were only made public on Thursday.

The woman, Nour Haj Yihye had been having an affair with Omar Azam, who along with his brother Yussuf is wellknown to police operating in the Taiba area, police said.

Officers found the text message after Omar and Yussuf were arrested and Haj Yihye was picked up by detectives.

She has been held in custody for nearly a month.

After the text message, which read simply, “He’s just leaving now” was sent to Omar, the brothers drove in a stolen car to a local kiosk where Haj Yihye’s husband, Sayef, was shopping, and waited for him to exit. They followed Sayef’s car, and overtook him on the road, spraying him and his car with bullets, causing him to spin out of control and his car to overturn. Sayef was declared dead at the scene.

The brothers then drove the stolen car bearing stolen plates to Kalansuwa, where they torched it and fled in another vehicle.

All three suspects face charges of murder and conspiracy to murder.

Related Content

Breaking news
July 17, 2018
U.S. general says remarks on Afghan peace talks "mischaracterized"