Police arrest man who sexually assaulted women in elevators

April 11, 2015 21:10


Dear Reader,
As you can imagine, more people are reading The Jerusalem Post than ever before. Nevertheless, traditional business models are no longer sustainable and high-quality publications, like ours, are being forced to look for new ways to keep going. Unlike many other news organizations, we have not put up a paywall. We want to keep our journalism open and accessible and be able to keep providing you with news and analyses from the frontlines of Israel, the Middle East and the Jewish World.

As one of our loyal readers, we ask you to be our partner.

For $5 a month you will receive access to the following:

  • A user uxperience almost completely free of ads
  • Access to our Premium Section and our monthly magazine to learn Hebrew, Ivrit
  • Content from the award-winning Jerusalem Repor
  • A brand new ePaper featuring the daily newspaper as it appears in print in Israel

Help us grow and continue telling Israel’s story to the world.

Thank you,

Ronit Hasin-Hochman, CEO, Jerusalem Post Group
Yaakov Katz, Editor-in-Chief

UPGRADE YOUR JPOST EXPERIENCE FOR 5$ PER MONTH Show me later Don't show it again

A serial sexual predator attacked over a dozen teenage girls and young women who he ambushed at the entrances to their apartment buildings in the Tel Aviv area in recent months, police said Saturday.

According to the Tel Aviv police, their officers arrested the man, aged 31, on Thursday, weeks after they launched a special task force to investigate the attacks.

Altogether police suspect the man is responsible for 15 sexual assaults in Holon, Bat Yam, and Tel Aviv. Police said that most of the attacks took place after the man ambushed the victims as they were entering their buildings. In a few of the cases the man allegedly followed the victims into the buildings elevator, where the assaults began.

The suspect has admitted to some of the allegations against him, police said, and walked investigators through how some of the attacks happened.

On Saturday night he was taken for his first remand extension.

Related Content

Breaking news
July 22, 2018
IDF Chief of Staff toured site of killed soldier