Police in Germany's Bremen release two arrested over Islamist threat

By REUTERS
March 1, 2015 13:41

 
X

Dear Reader,
As you can imagine, more people are reading The Jerusalem Post than ever before. Nevertheless, traditional business models are no longer sustainable and high-quality publications, like ours, are being forced to look for new ways to keep going. Unlike many other news organizations, we have not put up a paywall. We want to keep our journalism open and accessible and be able to keep providing you with news and analyses from the frontlines of Israel, the Middle East and the Jewish World.

As one of our loyal readers, we ask you to be our partner.

For $5 a month you will receive access to the following:

  • A user uxperience almost completely free of ads
  • Access to our Premium Section and our monthly magazine to learn Hebrew, Ivrit
  • Content from the award-winning Jerusalem Repor
  • A brand new ePaper featuring the daily newspaper as it appears in print in Israel

Help us grow and continue telling Israel’s story to the world.

Thank you,

Ronit Hasin-Hochman, CEO, Jerusalem Post Group
Yaakov Katz, Editor-in-Chief

UPGRADE YOUR JPOST EXPERIENCE FOR 5$ PER MONTH Show me later Don't show it again

BERLIN - Police in the northern German city of Bremen released two people early on Sunday who had been arrested in connection with a possible threat from Islamist extremists, a spokeswoman said.

Police had warned on Saturday of a heightened danger from Islamist militants in Bremen and said they had increased their presence in the city center and stepped up protection of the Jewish community.

One person was arrested on Saturday and another was arrested during the night. Both were released in the early hours of Sunday morning, the police spokeswoman said.

Police had now finished searching an Islamic culture center, the spokeswoman added, without going into further details.

Protective measures, including a stronger presence of heavily armed police in the city center and in front of the synagogue, were still in place, she said.

Related Content

Breaking news
July 19, 2018
BREAKING: Rocket sirens in southern Israel

By JERUSALEM POST STAFF