Ramle magistrate extends custody of double homicide suspect by 2 days

September 6, 2009 16:52


Dear Reader,
As you can imagine, more people are reading The Jerusalem Post than ever before. Nevertheless, traditional business models are no longer sustainable and high-quality publications, like ours, are being forced to look for new ways to keep going. Unlike many other news organizations, we have not put up a paywall. We want to keep our journalism open and accessible and be able to keep providing you with news and analyses from the frontlines of Israel, the Middle East and the Jewish World.

As one of our loyal readers, we ask you to be our partner.

For $5 a month you will receive access to the following:

  • A user uxperience almost completely free of ads
  • Access to our Premium Section and our monthly magazine to learn Hebrew, Ivrit
  • Content from the award-winning Jerusalem Repor
  • A brand new ePaper featuring the daily newspaper as it appears in print in Israel

Help us grow and continue telling Israel’s story to the world.

Thank you,

Ronit Hasin-Hochman, CEO, Jerusalem Post Group
Yaakov Katz, Editor-in-Chief

UPGRADE YOUR JPOST EXPERIENCE FOR 5$ PER MONTH Show me later Don't show it again

A Ramle magistrate on Sunday extended the custody of Eli Fahima, who is suspected of murdering and dismembering a woman he was romantically involved with and her daughter last month, by nine days. Beatrice Rodov, 62, and her daughter Denise, 36, were laid to rest last week. Their mutilated bodies were discovered separately in a Ramat Gan garbage can which had been set alight and in the Alexander River north of Netanya in August. After examining a secret police report which detailed progress into the homicide investigation, Magistrate Ami Kobo wrote in his ruling that "reasonable evidence exists to tie the suspect to the charges against him." The special police Lahav 433 unit and the National Serious and International Crimes Unit tracked Fahima down in northern Israel on August 16 by tracing the signal of a cell phone that he had taken from the apartment of the murder victim. Fahima was also in possession of a car that had belonged to the murder victim. Both bodies had been decapitated and several limbs were missing. The motive, police say, was "a dispute over money."

Related Content

Breaking news
July 20, 2018
Top Senate Democrat says Trump shouldn't meet with Putin again