Report: Civilian infiltrates IDF base, goes unnoticed for a week

July 23, 2013 07:55


Dear Reader,
As you can imagine, more people are reading The Jerusalem Post than ever before. Nevertheless, traditional business models are no longer sustainable and high-quality publications, like ours, are being forced to look for new ways to keep going. Unlike many other news organizations, we have not put up a paywall. We want to keep our journalism open and accessible and be able to keep providing you with news and analyses from the frontlines of Israel, the Middle East and the Jewish World.

As one of our loyal readers, we ask you to be our partner.

For $5 a month you will receive access to the following:

  • A user uxperience almost completely free of ads
  • Access to our Premium Section and our monthly magazine to learn Hebrew, Ivrit
  • Content from the award-winning Jerusalem Repor
  • A brand new ePaper featuring the daily newspaper as it appears in print in Israel

Help us grow and continue telling Israel’s story to the world.

Thank you,

Ronit Hasin-Hochman, CEO, Jerusalem Post Group
Yaakov Katz, Editor-in-Chief

UPGRADE YOUR JPOST EXPERIENCE FOR 5$ PER MONTH Show me later Don't show it again

A civilian was able to infiltrate an IDF base and stay there for several days before being discovered, Israel Radio reported on Tuesday morning.

The man arrived at the Golani command base in civilian clothes and told soldiers at the gate that he was on reserve duty. He was allowed into the base despite not having the proper documentation to back up his claims, and was given army uniforms.

The man left only a week later when asked to come before one of the commanding officers.

This is the second time in several months that a civilian manages to enter an army base unauthorized. Two months ago, Israel Radio reported that a former soldier, released from the IDF due to bad behavior, managed to enter an army base after impersonating the base's deputy commander.

Related Content

Breaking news
July 20, 2018
Bulk of families separated at U.S.- Mexico border remain apart