Report: Turkish minister to go to Rotterdam by land after foreign minister blocked

By REUTERS
March 11, 2017 18:06
Breaking news

Breaking news. (photo credit: JPOST STAFF)

 
X

Dear Reader,
As you can imagine, more people are reading The Jerusalem Post than ever before. Nevertheless, traditional business models are no longer sustainable and high-quality publications, like ours, are being forced to look for new ways to keep going. Unlike many other news organizations, we have not put up a paywall. We want to keep our journalism open and accessible and be able to keep providing you with news and analyses from the frontlines of Israel, the Middle East and the Jewish World.

As one of our loyal readers, we ask you to be our partner.

For $5 a month you will receive access to the following:

  • A user experience almost completely free of ads
  • Access to our Premium Section
  • Content from the award-winning Jerusalem Report and our monthly magazine to learn Hebrew - Ivrit
  • A brand new ePaper featuring the daily newspaper as it appears in print in Israel

Help us grow and continue telling Israel’s story to the world.

Thank you,

Ronit Hasin-Hochman, CEO, Jerusalem Post Group
Yaakov Katz, Editor-in-Chief

UPGRADE YOUR JPOST EXPERIENCE FOR 5$ PER MONTH Show me later

Turkey's family minister will travel to the Dutch city of Rotterdam by land, state-run Anadolu news agency said on Saturday, after the Dutch government barred the country's foreign minister from landing his plane there.

Family Minister Fatma Betul Sayan Kaya is in Germany for separate meetings, Anadolu said, but would head to the Netherlands despite having events she was due to attend there canceled earlier.

The Netherlands refused Foreign Minister Mevlut Cavusoglu landing rights for security reasons. He had been pressing a campaign among Turkish expatriates to support President Tayyip Erdogan's proposals for extended executive powers.

Join Jerusalem Post Premium Plus now for just $5 and upgrade your experience with an ads-free website and exclusive content. Click here>>

Related Content

Breaking news
September 20, 2018
Iran suggests U.N. condemn Israel for threats on Tehran

By REUTERS