Rivlin: 'For some, a post-war battle carries on, a battle that sees no cease-fire'

By JPOST.COM STAFF
July 6, 2015 18:43
1 minute read.

 
X

Dear Reader,
As you can imagine, more people are reading The Jerusalem Post than ever before. Nevertheless, traditional business models are no longer sustainable and high-quality publications, like ours, are being forced to look for new ways to keep going. Unlike many other news organizations, we have not put up a paywall. We want to keep our journalism open and accessible and be able to keep providing you with news and analyses from the frontlines of Israel, the Middle East and the Jewish World.

As one of our loyal readers, we ask you to be our partner.

For $5 a month you will receive access to the following:

  • A user experience almost completely free of ads
  • Access to our Premium Section
  • Content from the award-winning Jerusalem Report and our monthly magazine to learn Hebrew - Ivrit
  • A brand new ePaper featuring the daily newspaper as it appears in print in Israel

Help us grow and continue telling Israel’s story to the world.

Thank you,

Ronit Hasin-Hochman, CEO, Jerusalem Post Group
Yaakov Katz, Editor-in-Chief

UPGRADE YOUR JPOST EXPERIENCE FOR 5$ PER MONTH Show me later Don't show it again

President Reuven Rivlin spoke Monday at a memorial ceremony for the fallen soldiers of Operation Protective Edge, one year after the onset of last summer's operation to stop rocket fire and tunnel warafare from Gaza.

"An operation was launched last year and for some, the battle carries on today-  a post-war battle - a battle that sees no cease-fire," Rivlin said, referring to the ongoing-recovery of injured soldiers of Protective Edge still  fighting for their lives today, and to the continual grief of families of fallen soldiers.

Rivlin said that Israel's goal is yet to be achieved. "We still demand the return of two of our men: Hadar Goldin and Oron Shaul," he said.

Rivlin addressed the recent rocket fire that has been trickling into Israel and the wave of terror attacks that has been targeting civilians. "Israel will not continue to be a hostage in the hands of our enemy, who does not respect human rights or civilian lives," he said.

He emphasized that Israel would not hesitate to act in order to defend its citizens.

He warned that, "the next conflict could be a lot harder then the last."

Related Content

Breaking news
August 22, 2018
Senior cleric says Iran will target Israel, allies if U.S. attacks

By REUTERS