Security source: Kuwait orders 45 people detained over riot

By REUTERS
November 22, 2011 16:00

 
X

Dear Reader,
As you can imagine, more people are reading The Jerusalem Post than ever before. Nevertheless, traditional business models are no longer sustainable and high-quality publications, like ours, are being forced to look for new ways to keep going. Unlike many other news organizations, we have not put up a paywall. We want to keep our journalism open and accessible and be able to keep providing you with news and analyses from the frontlines of Israel, the Middle East and the Jewish World.

As one of our loyal readers, we ask you to be our partner.

For $5 a month you will receive access to the following:

  • A user experience almost completely free of ads
  • Access to our Premium Section
  • Content from the award-winning Jerusalem Report and our monthly magazine to learn Hebrew - Ivrit
  • A brand new ePaper featuring the daily newspaper as it appears in print in Israel

Help us grow and continue telling Israel’s story to the world.

Thank you,

Ronit Hasin-Hochman, CEO, Jerusalem Post Group
Yaakov Katz, Editor-in-Chief

UPGRADE YOUR JPOST EXPERIENCE FOR 5$ PER MONTH Show me later

KUWAIT - Kuwait's public prosecutor ordered the country's Interior Ministry on Tuesday to arrest 45 people accused of involvement in the storming of the parliament building during an anti-government protest last week, a security source said.

Dozens of protesters, including some opposition lawmakers, forced their way into the assembly on Wednesday and hundreds more demonstrated outside, demanding that Prime Minister Sheikh Nasser al-Mohammad al-Sabah step down.

"They do not include lawmakers... The lawmakers will be dealt with separately," the source told Reuters, without elaborating.

Kuwait's Emir Sheikh Sabah al-Ahmad al-Sabah has denounced the storming of parliament as a "black day" and ordered security forces to take "all necessary measures" to maintain public order.

Join Jerusalem Post Premium Plus now for just $5 and upgrade your experience with an ads-free website and exclusive content. Click here>>

Related Content

Breaking news
November 15, 2018
Saudi Arabia seeking death penalty for five suspects in Khashoggi killing

By REUTERS