Soldier opens fire in Afghan ministry, 2 dead

By REUTERS
April 18, 2011 13:15

KABUL - An Afghan army soldier opened fire in the Defense Ministry on Monday, killing two ministry personnel and wounding seven others, a ministry spokesman said.

Spokesman Zaher Azimy also said a suicide bomber who had entered the ministry was killed before he had time to detonate his explosives.

Azimy declined to comment on whether the man who opened fire had been working with the suicide bomber, or attempting to stop him, or on whether the toll of the dead included the bomber.


Related Content

Breaking news
May 21, 2018
Boat adrift with two dozen African migrants rescued off Brazil coast

By REUTERS