Spanish police says international probe of Barcelona cell still open

By REUTERS
August 21, 2017 21:14
Breaking news

Breaking news. (photo credit: JPOST STAFF)

 
X

Dear Reader,
As you can imagine, more people are reading The Jerusalem Post than ever before. Nevertheless, traditional business models are no longer sustainable and high-quality publications, like ours, are being forced to look for new ways to keep going. Unlike many other news organizations, we have not put up a paywall. We want to keep our journalism open and accessible and be able to keep providing you with news and analyses from the frontlines of Israel, the Middle East and the Jewish World.

As one of our loyal readers, we ask you to be our partner.

For $5 a month you will receive access to the following:

  • A user experience almost completely free of ads
  • Access to our Premium Section
  • Content from the award-winning Jerusalem Report and our monthly magazine to learn Hebrew - Ivrit
  • A brand new ePaper featuring the daily newspaper as it appears in print in Israel

Help us grow and continue telling Israel’s story to the world.

Thank you,

Ronit Hasin-Hochman, CEO, Jerusalem Post Group
Yaakov Katz, Editor-in-Chief

UPGRADE YOUR JPOST EXPERIENCE FOR 5$ PER MONTH Show me later Don't show it again

The police shooting of the suspected attacker who killed 14 people in Barcelona means all 12 suspects identified by police are dead or under arrest, but the operation remains open, including at international level, Spanish police said.

"Today the 12 names that we have always referred to are in the hands of the justice system, or sadly, as a result of their actions, have been killed," Catalan police chief Josep Lluis Trapero, told reporters, after officials confirmed that police had killed suspect Younes Abouyaaqoub earlier on Monday.

"But we have said that we were opening up the range of relations in the international field and this will develop in the coming weeks," he said, adding that the operation was not closed.

Related Content

Breaking news
August 18, 2018
U.N. chief suggests options for improved Palestinian protection

By REUTERS