Suicide car bomb kills 25 in east Afghanistan near US base

By REUTERS
July 12, 2015 22:53

 
X

Dear Reader,
As you can imagine, more people are reading The Jerusalem Post than ever before. Nevertheless, traditional business models are no longer sustainable and high-quality publications, like ours, are being forced to look for new ways to keep going. Unlike many other news organizations, we have not put up a paywall. We want to keep our journalism open and accessible and be able to keep providing you with news and analyses from the frontlines of Israel, the Middle East and the Jewish World.

As one of our loyal readers, we ask you to be our partner.

For $5 a month you will receive access to the following:

  • A user experience almost completely free of ads
  • Access to our Premium Section
  • Content from the award-winning Jerusalem Report and our monthly magazine to learn Hebrew - Ivrit
  • A brand new ePaper featuring the daily newspaper as it appears in print in Israel

Help us grow and continue telling Israel’s story to the world.

Thank you,

Ronit Hasin-Hochman, CEO, Jerusalem Post Group
Yaakov Katz, Editor-in-Chief

UPGRADE YOUR JPOST EXPERIENCE FOR 5$ PER MONTH Show me later Don't show it again

KABUL- A suicide car bomb killed 25 people and wounded 10 in southeastern Afghanistan close to a US base on Sunday, police said.

The attack took place close to a checkpoint on the outskirts of the city of Khost where several cars had been stopped, Khost police chief Faizullah Ghairat said.

The US military said none of its personnel were hurt.

The base at Camp Chapman, once used by the CIA to help oversee strikes against Taliban and al-Qaida targets, suffered one of the worst attacks in CIA history in late 2009, when seven intelligence officers were killed by an al-Qaida operative that Americans thought had been "de-radicalized".

Related Content

Breaking news
August 17, 2018
Report: Seven injured, two critically, in Gaza border clashes

By JERUSALEM POST STAFF