Suspected Boston bomber charged with using WMD

By REUTERS
April 22, 2013 21:06

BOSTON - US Federal prosecutors charged the surviving man suspected of bombing the finish of last week's Boston Marathon with one count of using a weapon of mass destruction and one count of malicious destruction of property resulting in death, the Justice Department said on Monday.

The charges authorize penalties including death, life in prison or a term in prison for any number of years, the Justice Department said in a statement.

Dzhokhar Tsarnaev, who was seriously injured in a firefight with police before his Friday arrest, was charged in his hospital bed earlier on Monday.


Related Content

Breaking news
April 27, 2018
Leaders of North, South Korea discuss denuclearization, peace in first session

By REUTERS

Israel Weather
  • 15 - 24
    Beer Sheva
    17 - 22
    Tel Aviv - Yafo
  • 13 - 19
    Jerusalem
    16 - 22
    Haifa
  • 20 - 28
    Elat
    17 - 27
    Tiberias