The Syrian government said on Sunday that a Turkish incursion into northern Syria was an act of "flagrant aggression" and that it would hold Ankara responsible for its repercussions.
In a statement read out on state TV, Syria said the Turkish government had informed the Syrian consulate in Istanbul about the operation, but had not awaited Syria's agreement.
mounted the operation to extract about 40 soldiers who had been guarding the tomb of Suleyman Shah
, grandfather of the founder of the Ottoman Empire which is on a site considered sovereign territory by Ankara
Join Jerusalem Post Premium Plus now for just $5 and upgrade your experience with an ads-free website and exclusive content. Click here>>