Syria monitor says government forces kill 6 in gas attack

By REUTERS
March 17, 2015 11:04

 
X

Dear Reader,
As you can imagine, more people are reading The Jerusalem Post than ever before. Nevertheless, traditional business models are no longer sustainable and high-quality publications, like ours, are being forced to look for new ways to keep going. Unlike many other news organizations, we have not put up a paywall. We want to keep our journalism open and accessible and be able to keep providing you with news and analyses from the frontlines of Israel, the Middle East and the Jewish World.

As one of our loyal readers, we ask you to be our partner.

For $5 a month you will receive access to the following:

  • A user experience almost completely free of ads
  • Access to our Premium Section
  • Content from the award-winning Jerusalem Report and our monthly magazine to learn Hebrew - Ivrit
  • A brand new ePaper featuring the daily newspaper as it appears in print in Israel

Help us grow and continue telling Israel’s story to the world.

Thank you,

Ronit Hasin-Hochman, CEO, Jerusalem Post Group
Yaakov Katz, Editor-in-Chief

UPGRADE YOUR JPOST EXPERIENCE FOR 5$ PER MONTH Show me later

BEIRUT - A group monitoring the Syrian civil war said on Tuesday that government forces had carried out a poison gas attack that killed six people in the northwest, and medics posted videos of young children suffering what they said was suffocation.

The Syrian government has previously denied accusations that it has used chemical weapons in the four-year-old war. A Syrian military source said he did not have any information about the alleged attack in the village of Sarmin in Idlib province.

The Syrian Observatory for Human Rights, which tracks the conflict, said the six dead included a man, his wife and their three children. It cited medical sources as saying that they died as a result of gas released from barrel bombs and that the chemical used was likely chlorine.

Dozens more people had been wounded in the attack, the Observatory said.

Reuters could not independently verify the report.

Join Jerusalem Post Premium Plus now for just $5 and upgrade your experience with an ads-free website and exclusive content. Click here>>

Related Content

Breaking news
September 22, 2018
IDF forces fire on Palestinians who launched incendiary balloons from Gaza

By JPOST.COM STAFF