Syrian rebel denies Russian statement Aleppo evacuation complete

By REUTERS
December 16, 2016 13:41

 
X

Dear Reader,
As you can imagine, more people are reading The Jerusalem Post than ever before. Nevertheless, traditional business models are no longer sustainable and high-quality publications, like ours, are being forced to look for new ways to keep going. Unlike many other news organizations, we have not put up a paywall. We want to keep our journalism open and accessible and be able to keep providing you with news and analyses from the frontlines of Israel, the Middle East and the Jewish World.

As one of our loyal readers, we ask you to be our partner.

For $5 a month you will receive access to the following:

  • A user uxperience almost completely free of ads
  • Access to our Premium Section and our monthly magazine to learn Hebrew, Ivrit
  • Content from the award-winning Jerusalem Repor
  • A brand new ePaper featuring the daily newspaper as it appears in print in Israel

Help us grow and continue telling Israel’s story to the world.

Thank you,

Ronit Hasin-Hochman, CEO, Jerusalem Post Group
Yaakov Katz, Editor-in-Chief

UPGRADE YOUR JPOST EXPERIENCE FOR 5$ PER MONTH Show me later Don't show it again

A Syrian rebel official said the evacuation of eastern Aleppo was far from finished on Friday in response to a Russian statement that the operation had been completed.

"Only the wounded and some civilians left," Zakaria Malahifji, a Turkey-based official with the Aleppo Fastaqim rebel group. "No fighters came out. Nobody came out. All that came out was three convoys.

Related Content

Breaking news
July 17, 2018
Putin says he told Trump Russia prepared to extend START treaty

By REUTERS