Taliban claims responsibility for suicide bombing outside Kabul

Taliban claims responsib

By
November 13, 2009 10:14

The Taliban claimed responsibility for a suicide bombing Friday that wounded at least six people near Camp Phoenix, a logistics support base for US forces on the outskirts of Kabul. NATO said the suicide bombing occurred at 8 a.m. (0330 GMT) on the Jalalabad road, and reports indicated Afghan civilians, NATO service members and civilian contractors had been wounded. No NATO members were killed. Taliban spokesman Zabiullah Mujahid sent The Associated Press a message saying the attack was carried out by a Taliban suicide car bomber targeting an international military convoy. Abdul Ghafar Sayed Zada, chief of criminal investigation for Kabul police, said three civilians and three foreigners were wounded.


Related Content

Breaking news
October 14, 2019
Catalan regional leader demands amnesty for convicted separatists

By REUTERS

Cookie Settings