Tally of people missing from Washington state landslide falls to 90

By REUTERS
March 27, 2014 03:39

 
X

Dear Reader,
As you can imagine, more people are reading The Jerusalem Post than ever before. Nevertheless, traditional business models are no longer sustainable and high-quality publications, like ours, are being forced to look for new ways to keep going. Unlike many other news organizations, we have not put up a paywall. We want to keep our journalism open and accessible and be able to keep providing you with news and analysis from the frontlines of Israel, the Middle East and the Jewish World.

As one of our loyal readers, we ask you to be our partner.

For $5 a month you will receive access to the following:

  • A user experience almost completely free of ads
  • Access to our Premium Section
  • Content from the award-winning Jerusalem Report and our monthly magazine to learn Hebrew - Ivrit
  • A brand new ePaper featuring the daily newspaper as it appears in print in Israel

Help us grow and continue telling Israel’s story to the world.

Thank you,

Ronit Hasin-Hochman, CEO, Jerusalem Post Group
Yaakov Katz, Editor-in-Chief

UPGRADE YOUR JPOST EXPERIENCE FOR 5$ PER MONTH Show me later

ARLINGTON, Wash. - Authorities searching for people missing in the deadly Washington state landslide said on Wednesday that at least 90 individuals remained missing four days after the disaster, down from 176 listed as unaccounted for earlier.

Snohomish County's emergency management director, John Pennington, told reporters there may be as many as 35 more people whose fate remains uncertain but they are not being officially listed as missing.

The known death toll from the landslide stood at 24, including eight whose bodies have been located but have yet to be recovered. That figure does not include an unspecified number of additional remains that a state police spokesman said had been found on Wednesday, Pennington said.

Join Jerusalem Post Premium Plus now for just $5 and upgrade your experience with an ads-free website and exclusive content. Click here>>

Related Content

Breaking news
June 20, 2019
President Trump briefed on missile strike in Saudi Arabia, Sanders says

By REUTERS

Cookie Settings