Tel Aviv stabbing attack assailant ordered kept in custody, gag order remains on case

November 23, 2015 15:37
1 minute read.


Dear Reader,
As you can imagine, more people are reading The Jerusalem Post than ever before. Nevertheless, traditional business models are no longer sustainable and high-quality publications, like ours, are being forced to look for new ways to keep going. Unlike many other news organizations, we have not put up a paywall. We want to keep our journalism open and accessible and be able to keep providing you with news and analyses from the frontlines of Israel, the Middle East and the Jewish World.

As one of our loyal readers, we ask you to be our partner.

For $5 a month you will receive access to the following:

  • A user uxperience almost completely free of ads
  • Access to our Premium Section and our monthly magazine to learn Hebrew, Ivrit
  • Content from the award-winning Jerusalem Repor
  • A brand new ePaper featuring the daily newspaper as it appears in print in Israel

Help us grow and continue telling Israel’s story to the world.

Thank you,

Ronit Hasin-Hochman, CEO, Jerusalem Post Group
Yaakov Katz, Editor-in-Chief

UPGRADE YOUR JPOST EXPERIENCE FOR 5$ PER MONTH Show me later Don't show it again

The Tel Aviv Magistrate’s court on Monday extended by nine days the remand of a Palestinian man from Dura who stabbed two Israelis to death in a brutal attack last Thursday in south Tel Aviv.

During the hearing - which was held behind closed doors - the presiding judge also agreed to a request by the Shin Bet (Israel Security Agency) and the police to extend by 9 days a sweeping gag order that bans publication of any details of the investigation including any actions police took on the day of the attack or since.

The attacker, 36-year-old father of five Raed Khalil Bin Mahmoud, was overpowered by civilians following the attack at the Panorama building on Ben-Tzvi Street last week, after he had fatally stabbed Aviram Reuven, 51, from Ramle, and Aharon Yisayev, 32, from Holon.

The attack was the first one in the current terror wave carried out by a Palestinian from the West Bank with legal permits to work in Israel.

Already on the day of the attack, police raided a number of restaurants in the area and detained Palestinian laborers for questioning in connection to the attack.

The attack came just hours before a shooting attack in the West Bank left two Israelis and a Palestinian dead, on the bloodiest day so far for Israel in the current terror wave.

Related Content

Breaking news
July 20, 2018
Merkel welcomes Trump's invitation to Putin to meet in U.S.