Terror suspect El Bakraoui was not on wanted lists

By REUTERS
March 24, 2016 19:58

 
X

Dear Reader,
As you can imagine, more people are reading The Jerusalem Post than ever before. Nevertheless, traditional business models are no longer sustainable and high-quality publications, like ours, are being forced to look for new ways to keep going. Unlike many other news organizations, we have not put up a paywall. We want to keep our journalism open and accessible and be able to keep providing you with news and analyses from the frontlines of Israel, the Middle East and the Jewish World.

As one of our loyal readers, we ask you to be our partner.

For $5 a month you will receive access to the following:

  • A user experience almost completely free of ads
  • Access to our Premium Section
  • Content from the award-winning Jerusalem Report and our monthly magazine to learn Hebrew - Ivrit
  • A brand new ePaper featuring the daily newspaper as it appears in print in Israel

Help us grow and continue telling Israel’s story to the world.

Thank you,

Ronit Hasin-Hochman, CEO, Jerusalem Post Group
Yaakov Katz, Editor-in-Chief

UPGRADE YOUR JPOST EXPERIENCE FOR 5$ PER MONTH Show me later Don't show it again

THE HAGUE - The Islamic State militant who blew himself up at Brussels airport this week was not on any Dutch or international wanted lists, Dutch justice minister Ard van der Steur said on Thursday.

"We checked with our Belgian, German and Turkish colleagues and in all cases he was not registered in our systems," Van der Steur told a news conference called 24 hours after Turkey announced that Ibrahim El Bakraoui was a known suspect whom it had twice deported.

Van der Steur also said that El Bakraoui had been deported from Turkey to the Netherlands only once, contradicting assertions by Turkey's government.

Related Content

Breaking news
August 18, 2018
U.N. chief suggests options for improved Palestinian protection

By REUTERS