Three bodies found at Mexico Pemex blast site

By REUTERS
February 4, 2013 06:37

MEXICO CITY - Mexican rescue workers found three more bodies over the weekend amid the rubble of a deadly blast that tore through state oil firm Pemex's main office complex, the government said, as search efforts appeared to near a close.

The death toll from Thursday's explosion stands at 36, Pemex said via Twitter. Rescue workers had been digging through the last sections of the building's basement and could soon call off their search. One person was reported still missing.

Attorney General Jesus Murillo said on Friday that it was too early to say if the explosion was due to an attack, an accident or negligence, but he promised results of an investigation in the coming days.


Related Content

Breaking news
June 21, 2018
U.S. strongly condemns attacks on Libyan oil ports

By REUTERS