Three injured in movie theater fire in Glilot

April 11, 2017 20:55


Dear Reader,
As you can imagine, more people are reading The Jerusalem Post than ever before. Nevertheless, traditional business models are no longer sustainable and high-quality publications, like ours, are being forced to look for new ways to keep going. Unlike many other news organizations, we have not put up a paywall. We want to keep our journalism open and accessible and be able to keep providing you with news and analyses from the frontlines of Israel, the Middle East and the Jewish World.

As one of our loyal readers, we ask you to be our partner.

For $5 a month you will receive access to the following:

  • A user experience almost completely free of ads
  • Access to our Premium Section
  • Content from the award-winning Jerusalem Report and our monthly magazine to learn Hebrew - Ivrit
  • A brand new ePaper featuring the daily newspaper as it appears in print in Israel

Help us grow and continue telling Israel’s story to the world.

Thank you,

Ronit Hasin-Hochman, CEO, Jerusalem Post Group
Yaakov Katz, Editor-in-Chief

UPGRADE YOUR JPOST EXPERIENCE FOR 5$ PER MONTH Show me later Don't show it again

Three people were lightly injured and a few hundred evacuated when a fire broke out at a food court in a movie theater complex in Glilot north of Tel Aviv on Tuesday afternoon.

A nine-year-old girl was evacuated to the Sheba Medical Center in Tel Hashomer and two men, ages 25 and 26, were evacuated to the Meir Medical Center in Kfar Saba.

All three suffered from smoke inhalation.

The cause of the fire, which occurred at approximately 4 p.m., remains unclear. Police and firefighters arrived shortly thereafter and closed the entrance to Route 5 and Route 2 as they got the flames under control.

“At 4 p.m. information was received about a fire that occurred in a container outside the area of the complex and beneath the Tal Bagels restaurant. The fire was extinguished within a short time, and the visitors were evacuated,” the Cinema City company told Channel 2.

“Beyond that, there was no damage to Cinema City. The compound will return to normal activity starting at 7:30 p.m. after receiving the appropriate approvals from the Israel Police and the Fire Service.”

Related Content

Breaking news
August 20, 2018
Turkey lifts travel ban on German journalist