PARIS- Tunisia's President Beji Caid Essebsi said on Sunday that a third gunman involved in an attack that killed 23 people, mostly foreign tourists, at a Tunis museum last week was on the run.
Confirming reports that there had been a third attacker along with the two shot dead by security forces, Essebsi also said on French TV that a monument would be built to commemorate the dead.
"For sure there were three because they have been identified and filmed on surveillance cameras," Essebsi said in a televised interview with Europe 1 radio, iTELE and Le Monde newspaper.
"There are two who were executed and one who is on the run somewhere. But in any case, he won't get far," Essebsi said.
Join Jerusalem Post Premium Plus now for just $5 and upgrade your experience with an ads-free website and exclusive content. Click here>>