Turkey arrests suspects in deadly Syrian border blast

By REUTERS
March 11, 2013 16:45

ANKARA - Turkish authorities have detained four Syrians and a Turk in connection with a bomb attack at a crossing along the Turkey-Syria border last month, the interior minister said on Monday.

The suspects had links to Syrian security forces, minister Muammer Guler said.A minibus with Syrian number plates exploded at the busy Cilvegozu border gate near the Turkish town of Reyhanli on Feb. 11, opposite the rebel-held Syrian gate of Bab al-Hawa, killing 14 people and wounding dozens more.

Guler, speaking on Turkish television, said a request had been made to the court to formally detain four Syrians and one Turk. Three other people who had been arrested have since been released but one other suspect was still sought.


Related Content

Breaking news
October 18, 2019
Saudi Arabia's FM urges its citizens not to travel to Lebanon

By REUTERS

Cookie Settings