Turkey denies Syrian accusation of alleged chemical attack

By REUTERS
March 19, 2013 14:56

ANKARA - A Turkish government official rejected an accusation from Syria on Tuesday that Turkey bore responsibility for a possible chemical attack in the northern province of Aleppo.

"This is a baseless accusation, the Syrian government has accused Turkey in the past as well," the official told Reuters.

Syrian Information Minister Omran al-Zoabi said earlier that Turkey and Qatar, which have supported rebels fighting President Bashar al-Assad, bore "legal, moral and political responsibility" for the attack, state television reported.


Related Content

Breaking news
June 18, 2018
Quake of 5.6 magnitude strikes Guatemala

By REUTERS